Thursday, January 16, 2014

Spinning - an Intern's view - awesome and need to bring two water bottles!


by Heather Szczepiorkowski

I'm back and still having fun!  As an intern for UVAC, one of the great things is that I can exercise right at my work-site! Today I took my first class.  Spinning.  I have been wanted to attend this class for a while.

First of all the setting is beautiful.  I think it is one of the most scenic exercise rooms I have ever been in. There were floor to ceiling windows - on one side a view of the outdoors with the bright fall foliage.  Perfect for when you need to bike indoors.  On the other side of the room, windows with a fantastic view of the splash park.  Here is a view from the room of the pool.

Corrie - the instructor introduced herself and helped me to adjust my bike properly explaining that the seat and the handle bars should be roughly the same height - something I had never known.

She was great in coaching us throughout the class - talking us up and down hills, flowing through the flats!!  It was not hard to imagine as the beautiful scenery was right in front of us.

Also just when I needed it, a fresh breeze came to the room as the fans were cranked!  All in all a great first class! My goal is to be in great biking shape when the spring arrives.

My only wish was that I had two water bottles instead of one!

No comments:

Post a Comment