Tuesday, February 4, 2014

My Experience at the Olympic Training Center




By Hannah Cox, UVAC Swim Team 

On Thursday October 24, 2013 Dorsi and I flew out to Colorado Springs for the National Select Camp. After a long flight we finally arrived at the Olympic Training Center. Over the next three days, 31 other girls and I shared tightly packed days filled with meetings, swim practices, and meals. The ten meetings we had were informative and inspirational. We heard from USA swimming coaches about race day execution skills, starts and turns, USADA, nutrition, and from national athlete, Laura Sogar. 


Before and after meetings we had swim practices where we were split up into different groups. I swam with the distance group. The practices were hard but everyone was encouraging and supportive. After practices and before the following meetings, we all headed to the dining hall where we ate delicious food and drank a lot of chocolate milk. During the scheduled events each day I was able to meet a lot of swimmers and start building new friendships with these girls. I am very grateful for the opportunity and how much I was able to learn while at the Olympic Training Center. I am also thankful for my UVAC family, teammates and coaches for all their support.

1 comment:

  1. I'm very glad to discover your blog. Your blog is really excellent.

    kimera

    ReplyDelete